Saturday, August 9, 2014

CC #1- The Ice Breaker- Streaky Phoebe

CC #1- The Ice Breaker- Streaky Phoebe

It wasn’t the time of a Kings’ rule, but from the land of Nawabs was this one cute little princess. Her birthday was the First day of a month. She was envied upon for her astounding beauty- her long eye lashes, soft tresses and her naturally red lips. People came all the way from various places just to get a glimpse of her.

As she grew up, she became more beautiful and seemingly blessed- she lived in her own cozy home that was surrounded by a garden full of trees and flowers. She had her own bunch of friends she would play with. It used to be a battle to decide which kitten belonged to which person!  She even had regular guests visiting her place- deer, woodpeckers, puppies, kittens, robins and kingfishers. (Well, I mean the bird.).

Good afternoon fellow Toastmasters and guests! This tale is indeed special; you can actually see the princess unlike Snow White and Cinderella. You might have guessed it, yes, that’s me.

I was born in Hyderabad and brought up in Chennai. And yes, the story is real; it was a time when Chennai had more connects with nature.

I always will be the craziest person you can meet. A person who loves to experiment everything- be it small or big, tree or a twig. Every time I see someone doing something, I get this stimulus in me which says, “Hey Vaish!, go for it!”, be it good or bad, and I live with the wish, expecting to fulfill it someday.

Many –a-times I have a whole lot of people telling me to do only those activities that I can do and that I was wasting time doing unnecessary activities that I cannot do. But, I strongly believe that a person who is an expert now, was a novice earlier. There is no offense in being odd for, “You need to be Odd to be number One”.

If I listen to a soulful musician, I would want to be a Rock-star. If I see someone dancing, I would want to be a ballerina. If I read a good book, I would want to be an author and if I see someone speaking on stage, I would want to do that too. The innate quality in me wanted me to be a winner in every single aspect that I participated in every contest that happened, just to prove myself in that aspect. I even believed that my birthday ONE made the first encouraging impact on me to be the number ONE. While I managed to do the others with at least a meagre self satisfaction, public speaking was always something that I looked up to.

To speak in front of people with natural attitude has always been a hurdle to me. To satisfy my own self as a public speaker, I am here as a Toastmaster, to learn and let learn. 

Together we’ll make miracles happen.
That’s a snippet of my life; await more competent code in the coming days.


(Over to you TMOD.)

No comments:

Post a Comment