Saturday, August 9, 2014

CC #2- Organize your speech- Pieces of My Puzzle

CC #2- Organize your speech- Pieces of My Puzzle

I was three. Shifting from ICF quarters to Tambaram quarters wasn’t that easy, for, I will miss my best friend- Parvathy. We rarely spoke. Okay I agree we hardly knew to speak properly at that age. But the love we had for each other’s company was something that contrasted our size.

Good afternoon fellow Toastmasters and guests. I am sure all of you have a similar story from your childhood to narrate about losing friends. It might also be the case that you have totally forgotten your age old friends as you have moved on in your life.

I honestly do not remember minute detail of every friendship I had had, but I confess that I do remember a few details for certain ones. Yes, that’s exactly what you call BFF- Best Friends Forever!

First of the lot is Preethi- my kinder garden class mate. This isn’t a friendship story with a sad ending like the previous one. We grew up together, stayed next door, and ended up choosing similar graduation disciplines and yes we studied together all the four years of college for every single paper. As we spent more time together, our friendship grew more. I am an emotional person- I cry even now if I have had a fight with her. Not that I am scared of separation, but because I can’t bear the heart of not talking to her for some days because of a silly fight. I am sure you all have a friend like that too. Aww, I see smiles on everyone’s faces.

And to all the people who said you cannot get true friends at college, I broke your assumptions. I had this little (this tall) innocent soul in my class. Sreeja, a.k.a “The Sree kutty” is someone I met at college. We never felt embarrassed snatching each others’ lunch boxes even when we were surrounded by people of all sorts at college. We both landed at TCS. That was an extremely happy moment coz College had ended and still we were sure to meet each other at work.

But Things weren’t as we had expected. The moment we got to know that her ILP was in Ahmedabad, both of us were equally shattered. I wanted my ILP in Ahmedabad too, just to be with her, but unfortunately I got it here in Chennai. I was worried if she would feel alone there. That’s when the Super woman in me found out that another school friend of mine had her ILP at Ahmedabad. There they were for 3 months, as roomies. It was another blow when she got posted in Kochi. Sadness worsened but fortunately she got a transfer to chennai. Now in siruseri is my bestie, a person with whom I don’t bother to be embarrassed.

Corporate- the high funda word is said to have its own limitations. There have been lots of myths associated with life in a corporate. Everyone is your colleague and NO ONE CAN BE YOUR FRIEND! Oh yes, I proved them wrong too!  Guess who she is, she’s right here. Any guesses? A kid in disguise- has a tough time in having her food! There she is- Madame Srishti.

Toastmasters gave me a gang, to hangout, have fun and have a great company. “The partners in crime” are right here. We are blessed indeed!

These people are important pieces to complete my jigsaw puzzle called life.

No one told us our life was going to be this way. When our job was considered a joke, when you were broken, when your love was dead or alive, when your life was stuck in the second gear and when it was not your day,your week, your month or even your year- you always have a friend who says-

I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour. 
I'll be there for you, like I've been there before. 
I'll be there for you, ‘coz you're there for me too. 
Happy world best friends’ day!

(Over to you TMOD)



No comments:

Post a Comment